10 Ways to Drive More Traffic to Your Website in 2019
One of the most common questions that marketers and business owners have is how to drive more traffic to their websites. Even with all of the new technological updates and algorithm refinements, some of the best ways to increase traffic reverts to the basics: good content and a strong online presence.
As we move into 2019, here are 10 effective ways to drive more traffic to your website.
1. Advertise. When you’re building a brand, you often have to pay to get noticed. Paid search, social media advertising and display advertising are effective ways to attract visitors and get your website in front of the right people.
2. Be social. To help people find your content, you need to be active on social media. Promote your best content to social media networks like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Also, join group discussions, use relevant hashtags and respond to comments.
3. Vary your content. There is no perfect format for a blog post. People learn in all different ways, which is why you should mix up your content. Create infographics, long blog posts, short blog posts, videos, slideshows and more. Post them to your blog and social channels to appeal to a wide audience.
4. Optimize for on-page SEO. You want the right people to find your content, which is why optimization is important. Follow the best practices for on-page SEO, including writing meta descriptions, adding internal links and making the most of image alt text.
5. Target long-tail keywords. Focus on long-tail keywords because they account for the majority of internet searches. Long-tail keywords tend to be easier to rank for and less expensive because there is less competition.
6. Do guest blogging. Guest blogging is still a great opportunity to drive traffic to your website. The key is to guest blog for a reputable website. By writing one post, you can build a brand and grow your audience.
7. Invite others to guest blog. Shake up your blog by inviting others in your industry to write a guest post. They’re likely to share the post with their own following, which can boost traffic and help you reach a new audience.
8. Link internally. Keep people on your website by adding links to your content. The links should point to other helpful pages on your website. This improves the user experience and boosts SEO.
9. Implement schema microdata. Adding schema or another microdata format will make it easier for the search engines to find and index your pages. This can improve your placement in the SERPs and increase traffic. Also, schema can lead to better rich site snippets.
10. Send out emails. Email marketing is still very much alive. It can be successful in driving traffic to your site, especially if you’re running a big sale or have a new product to launch. Always send emails with permission and from an established email marketing provider.
Increasing traffic to your website is an ongoing effort, and it does require you to be proactive. People won’t just stumble upon your content – you have to be diligent in getting your content out there and in front of the right people. As you see what works and what doesn’t work, you can be most successful in driving qualified traffic to your site in 2019.