Pay per click management is the process of overseeing and managing your company’s PPC ad spend. This can be done on your own or through a digital marketing agency like WSI Star Web Solutions. Even though it’s impossible to reach perfect optimization with your PPC campaigns, this is still the goal of PPC management.
It’s important to manage pay per click advertising because this is how you build more effective campaigns. So what’s involved with PPC management and is this something you can do on your own?
Below we’ll cover the basics of a good management strategy, the metrics to track and the benefits of working with a PPC management agency.
What is PPC Management?
PPC management covers a wide range of techniques, including creating and adjusting goals, split testing, introducing new keywords, and optimizing conversion paths.
When managing paid advertising, you’re looking at your strategy and your spend. It’s important to optimize your keywords and allocate your resources to the right ones. A good management strategy also involves providers like search engines, social networks and ad networks.
If you choose to manage paid advertising on your own, there are a number of tools you can use. PPC management tools allow you to monitor your campaigns, track ad groups and keywords, split test campaigns, and more. Some of the most popular PPC management tools are, SEMRush and WordStream.
What PPC Metrics Should I Track?
Tracking metrics is a great way to know how your PPC campaigns are performing. Here are some of the most important metrics to keep an eye on:
- This refers to the total number of clicks you get on your ad. Clicks are affected by your keyword selection and ad copy.
- Cost per click. CPC measures the price you pay for each click.
- Click through rate. CTR is the percentage of ad views that turn into clicks.
- This is the number of times your ad is viewed.
- Conversion rate. This is the percentage of people that complete the call to action.
- Quality score. Your quality score affects ad positioning.
Should I Hire a PPC Management Firm?
You may be able to manage your own PPC campaigns at first, but as your company grows, you’ll probably want to shift your resources over to a PPC management firm like WSI Star Web Solutions. Our team will create an optimized PPC strategy that includes keyword analysis, monitoring, competitive analysis and A/B testing.
We recommend our services to the following:
- Anyone new to online marketing
- Companies without an in-house marketing team
- Small teams who can’t oversee PPC
- Organizations who don’t want to pay for costly PPC software systems
If you’re ready to take your pay per click advertising to the next level, contact WSI Star Web Solutions today.