To be successful on Facebook, you’ll need to understand the Facebook algorithm. The average organic Facebook post sees just 0.07 percent engagement. To increase this number, you’ll have to learn how to work with the algorithm. Otherwise, your posts might not get much attention, especially if you have a smaller following. The best way to work with the algorithm is to post valuable and authentic content.
Let’s learn more about the Facebook algorithm and how to make it work for you!
What is the Facebook Algorithm?
The Facebook algorithm determines which posts people see when they check their Facebook feed, and the order they appear in. The algorithm is responsible for reviewing each post, giving them a score and arranging them in chronological order based on the interest of the user. This process happens every time a person refreshes their news feed.
While we don’t know the specifics of the algorithm, we do know that it’s aimed at keeping people on the platform. This is why changes are continually made to the algorithm to make sure that it connects users with the most valuable content for them.
As of 2022, the Facebook algorithm shows users the best content based on who made the post, the type of content that it is and how many interactions it has.
Tips for Working with the Facebook Algorithm
To help you make the most of your social media marketing in New Orleans, it’s important to understand the Facebook algorithm and how to make it work for you. Here are some tips that will help you out.
- Understand what your audience wants to see. This way, you can create content that will be valuable and meaningful to them.
- Create authentic content. Facebook says that it values authentic, accurate content and ranks it higher in the feed. Content that is spammy or misleading is ranked lower. Create original content that features accurate information, quality links and clear headlines.
- Engage with your audience. The algorithm prioritizes posts from Pages that a user has interacted with in the past. This is why you’ll want to reply back to any messages you receive.
- Boost Facebook engagement. If you want people sharing and discussing your content, you’ll need material that sparks conversation. Even controversial content is okay, as long as you can share your opinion respectfully.
- Utilize Facebook Reels and Stories. Facebook Reels and Facebook Stories are different from the main News Feed. Both appear at the top of the Feed, before all the other content, giving you a visual boost.
Improve Your Social Media Marketing in New Orleans Today!
Facebook continues to be an excellent business tool that helps you connect with your audience in meaningful ways and stay at the forefront of their minds. But it’s important that you understand how the Facebook algorithm works, and what type of content it favors most. This way, you can create compelling, engaging content that your audience will actually enjoy.
If you feel that your social media marketing strategy is stagnant, it’s time for a boost! Get in touch with WSI Star Web Solutions for a free consultation. We’ll discuss your current social media marketing strategy and how we can make it more effective.